Sullivan PC is a leading firm of New York construction and environmental litigation, enforcement and licensing lawyers. The firm’s reputation is for the application of intelligent and sophisticated counsel to construction problems and knowledgeable assertive defense of clients faced with government environmental enforcement.
In addition to its practice as New York construction and environmental litigation attorneys, Sullivan PC has been fortunate to develop a reputation as some of the more sophisticated attorneys representing clients faced with complex New York government regulatory enforcement and licensing problems. The areas of greatest success are construction law, environmental enforcement and licensing, Article 78 litigation and challenges to labor unions.
The accomplishments of the firm’s lawyers range from:
- being asked to lead the New York construction industry in its response to new environmental regulations proposed in 2017 by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation;
- the most successful track record representing companies seeking payment for work at the World Trade Center disaster;
- the dismissal of the first environmental criminal prosecutions brought by Robert Kennedy, Jr. and the Brooklyn DA;
- the representation of the region’s heavy trucking industry in persuading the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to maintain access to the Throgs Neck Bridge;
- persuading one of the largest NYC construction unions to permit some of its work in NYC to be done by non-NYC unions;
- achieving the most seminal decision in liquor licensing in recent years preventing the closure of wineries;
- obtaining the written promise of a national labor union to not pursue double breasting or withholding liability.